"The health of the school depends upon having a responsible and effective system of governance which assures that the school remains true to its purpose and has the necessary resources to support its operation."
The Board of Trustees’ responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for the institution and its purpose as a whole, and not for the separate constituencies.
- Planning, developing and establishing policies.
- Setting the policy of the financial condition of the school, approving budgets and monitoring them (checks and balances).
- Ensuring that the physical plant of the school serves the purpose of the school.
- Organizing and managing itself to fulfill its duties with bylaws, policies and procedures.
- Contracting, if and when needed, educational or other consultants to oversee the school's development, advising on the hiring criteria for the School Principal, assisting in recruitment and training, and developing the school's improvement plans in line with the school’s purpose and direction.
- Appointing the School Principal and the School Auditor.
Mr. Shukri Husni
Mr. Nashat Sahawneh
Ms. Abeer Fakhoury
Mr. Raphael Khlat
Mr. Wael Sahawneh
Mr. Abdel Karim Esteitieh
The School Principal
Mrs. Sadek graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from La Trobe University Victoria Australia with two Teaching Diplomas; one a graduate diploma and the other in religious instruction. She went on to receive a diploma in Educational Leadership and Management from the American University of Beirut. Mrs. Sadek also earned a Masters of Education from the Lebanese American University, Beirut, Lebanon.
Graduating with a secondary teaching degree and majoring in English literature, Mrs. Sadek had the opportunity to teach in the state of Victoria, Australia prior to travelling to Lebanon to further her educational experience and tertiary studies. During this period, Mrs. Sadek enjoyed a challenging yet rewarding career as an English teacher, Senior School Head and Vice Principal for more than 13 years. She went on to pursue her career as a Project Manager for school principals within the Middle East. She is currently the School Principal of Philadelphia Private School (PPS)-Dubai.
Mrs. Sadek strongly believes that leadership can positively impact students’ personal, social and academic development. Throughout her experience, she has focused on empowering teachers and staff to engage in decision making at all levels of the school structure. Student leadership empowerment has also been at the forefront of her work in education.
Mrs. Sadek also is the Assistant Director of School Development Consultants (SDC) the managing company of the Learner’s World International Schools (LWIS) Network. As such, she engages in ongoing training for school improvement. She has served as an Accreditation Chair and engaged in a school visit as an evaluator with the New England Association for Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
These experiences have supported Mrs. Sadek in her endeavor to positively impact student learning through ongoing school improvement and planning.