"The health of the school depends upon having a responsible and effective system of governance which assures that the school remains true to its purpose and has the necessary resources to support its operation."
The Board of Trustees’ responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for the institution and its purpose as a whole, and not for the separate constituencies.
- Planning, developing and establishing policies.
- Setting the policy of the financial condition of the school, approving budgets and monitoring them (checks and balances).
- Ensuring that the physical plant of the school serves the purpose of the school.
- Organizing and managing itself to fulfill its duties with bylaws, policies and procedures.
- Contracting, if and when needed, educational or other consultants to oversee the school's development, advising on the hiring criteria for the School Principal, assisting in recruitment and training, and developing the school's improvement plans in line with PPS Dubai's purpose and direction.
- Appointing the School Principal and the School Auditor.
- PPS Dubai BOT is appointed by the Philadelphia Private School
Limited Liability Company (PPS LLC).
- The Board shall include expertise in educational and
business affairs as well as public relations.
- The Board should include at least three members of
the PPS LLC or others nominated by members. The number of Board members
will not exceed seven.
- The Board shall be appointed for a term of four years
Mr. Nashat Sahawneh/ Chairperson
Mr. Shukri Husni/ Vice Chairperson—Executive Director
Ms. Abeer Fakhoury/ Member—Education Committee
Mr. Raphael Khlat/ Secretary—Education Committee
Mr. Wael Sahawneh/ treasurer—finance Committee
Mr. Abdel Karim Esteitieh/ Member (Law Firm)