Inclusive Education at Philadelphia Private School
School (PPS) provides inclusive services for students of determination (SOD),
who experience special educational needs and/or disabilities. PPS ensures a
safe and nurturing environment that provides equitable access to quality
inclusive education in the mainstream environment, alongside their peers.
All stakeholders at PPS, including governing
bodies and leaders at all levels ensure the following:
- view and value student diversity as integral to the
- recognize the learning potential of all students
- engage with theories of learning that support child
centered and differentiated approaches to teaching and learning
- acknowledge that all students have the right to education
in a common learning environment
- prevent marginalization and discrimination in education
based on the experience of inclusion in order to reduce barriers to
participation in learning
- be proactive in removing barriers to learning in
diverse student populations, by adapting and modifying curricula, teaching
and learning strategies
- reject ability-labeling in teaching, along with the
idea that some learners cannot learn due to individual deficits
- fulfill their responsibility to facilitate an inclusive
culture within their individual education settings and be accountable
through the programs, practices and outcomes of the entire learning
The Inclusion Department adheres to the
philosophy that each individual with challenges is entitled to the support
necessary to maximize his/her potential. The Inclusion Support Team is headed
by the Principal, Inclusion Champion , and the Inclusion Coordinator. We have Learning
Support Assistants who are qualified teachers to support our students. The team
works with classroom teachers and other educational personnel, to fulfill the
- To create an effective climate for learning by sharing
all available information about a child’s challenges pertinent to the
child’s performance in an educational setting.
- To provide and implement program and testing
accommodations as stipulated on the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).
- To facilitate each student’s academic progress and
social development by establishing appropriate goals and providing
- To support and act as a resource for classroom teachers
working with students with special needs.
- To encourage students to be aware of their strengths
and challenges so that they can become good advocates for themselves in
We, at PPS-Dubai, offer personalized special
education services that cater to students of all abilities and help them reach
their full potential, by adopting a whole school approach.
The inclusive services
provided at PPS will ensure students are given opportunities to work
collaboratively with others and exercise their higher order thinking skills to
meet the general education curriculum in the Least Restrictive Environment
(LRE), at their own pace and speed.
The additional services
are as follows:
- Accommodations to the general education curriculum to
meet individual needs
- Modifications to the general education curriculum to
meet individual needs
- Opportunities to use assistive devices and/or
supplementary aids in the mainstream environment
- Specialized instruction in a sensory (Snoezelen) and/or
It is the policy of PPS to meet the following
objectives for students with disabilities:
1. Students will be identified
2. Will have comprehensive evaluations which
define both needs and strengths.
3. Will have Individual Education Programs
designed to meet their specific needs.
4. Will be offered special help based on the
individual education program in the Least Restrictive Environment possible.
5. Will have any potentially harmful effects
considered prior to placement for Special Education services.
6. Will be educated to the maximum extent
possible with non-disabled peers.
7. Will have their programs reviewed at least
8 .Will be re-evaluated or considered for
re-evaluation at least every three years
For further information
on how to enroll your child, please email the admissions team at:
Please see the attached
Inclusion Policy for further information regarding the services provided to
students of determination